Sunday, December 13, 2015

T-shirt #1: Darth Vader Free Hugs



As some of you know and some of you helped make happen, in 2010 I wore and blogged about 365 different t-shirts and took donations for the t-shirts to raise money for the first Skating for Hope rink rental (over $2000 for the 24-hour event). In March of 2011, I had received enough donations, and the first Skating for Hope was born. Since that blog in 2010, I have received some more t-shirts as gifts and found a few leftovers. I didn't want to add t-shirts to the original blog, so I started this new one for them and to kick of a Merry Sithmas week leading up to Episode VII.   You can check out my original t-shirt blog at Dave's Daily T-Shirts or watch a 3-minute video of every t-shirt I wore here:  2010, 365 t-shirts in 3 minutes video.  

This Darth Vader Free Hugs t-shirt makes it two "Free Hugs" t-shirt that I have (I wore my other Free Hugs t-shirt to the Rally to Restore Sanity, and took pictures with anyone that wanted to hug me: Spoiler Alert, It wasn't that many. You can see blog post of that shirt here).

My friend Heather gave me this t-shirt, and even though I've only known her for a few years, she is one of my favorite people.  She's funny, honest, friendly, creative, talented, and a lot of fun to be around.  She also obviously has great taste in clothes and movies, and knew I would love this t-shirt.

I thought this week would be a perfect opportunity to wear some of the Star Wars shirts that have been added to my collection, and will wear 7 Star Wars themed t-shirts for Sithmas Week (yes, I'm excited).  Although Darth Vader made his own very clever 12 Days of Sithmas, I will only have 7 days and t-shirts.

Thank you Heather, Merry Sithmas to you all, and to all a good Episode VII night (I hope).










No comments:

Post a Comment