Friday, December 18, 2015

T-shirt #7: Star Wars Ugly Christmas Sweater

Well, I'm still in recovery from watching Episode VII.  Without sharing any specific spoilers, I will say that a lot of it reminded me of Episode IV, and at times I felt like I was watching a remake of the original New Hope movie.  But, there were elements of both IV and V in VII, and it shouldn't be surprising, because most Star Wars stories have these elements:  The Force, space battles, lightsaber battles, family rivalry, bad guys with a super weapon using fear and the Dark Side, and good guys trying to stop that weapon while using the Light Side.  I loved the portrayal of The Force in this movie, especially considering the lame way it was explained in Episode I. There were also more dark scenes than in any other Star Wars movie, showing what evil looks like when too much power is in the wrong hands. Luckily, humorous lines were placed strategically throughout, and I think the acting brought this movie to a level way past the prequels and close to the originals.  I don't know if Episode VII will make any new Star Wars fans, but it's should please diehards like me, who can't wait to see it again.

Thank you to my cousin and his wife for getting me this t-shirt a few years ago.  They said they saw it, and knew it was perfect for me.

May The Force be with us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment